Wondering how to take a screenshot on iPhone or maybe on a more specific model? The reality is that it doesn’t matter if you ask how to screenshot on iPhone XR or any other model for that fact, there are actually ONLY 3 ways to screenshot on iPhone depending on the device year you have. Let’s see all 3 ways.
This is how to take a screenshot on iPhone XR or any other model that uses FaceID
- Press the right side button and the volume up button at the same time.
- Do NOT press and hold, just click them both at the same time once
- Once you release your will hear the snapshot sound and see the thumb in the lower left side of the screen for a few seconds.
NOTE – This method works for all iPhone models that have FaceID and no TouchID button at the bottom of the device or top button.
This is how to take a screenshot on iPhone models with TouchID and side button
Some older iPhone models have the TouchID button instead of the FaceID, this is how you take a screenshot on these models:
- Press the right side button and the home button at the same time
- Do NOT press and hold, just quickly press them both and release
- Once again after you release you will hear the snapshot sound and see the thumb of the screenshot in the lower left side of your screen.
NOTE – Do NOT hold the home button too long or press is too hard, as we have heard of issues with it.
This is how to take a screenshot on iPhone models with the top button and TouchID
Some even older models have the top button instead of the side one, this is how you screenshot on these devices:
- Just press the top button and the home button at the same time
- Make sure you quickly press and release the buttons
- Once you release you will hear the snapshot sound and see the thumb at your lower left side of the screen.
NOTE – Similar to our previous notes, do NOT press too hard on the top button and do not press and hold the buttons together. Quickly press and release
Where can you find the screenshots on your iPhone
Open the Photos app to locate your screenshots, usually they should appear just like any other photo you take in the photos roll.
However you can also find them by:
- Opening the Photos app
- Tapping Albums
- Scrolling down and locating the Screenshots library
Related guides you might enjoy reading:
How to unmerge photos on iPhone
I didn’t know you can merge photos, let alone unmerge them, so this is new to us too
FaceTime photos not saving, here’s what to do
It is a pain when you save a screenshot and can’t find it anywhere after. Here’s what to do when that happens